Sunday, April 24, 2016

Petco Review- I felt pressured

Petco is probably the only pet store that lets you bring in your own animal with you. Which is great in all but the Petco experience my fiance and I had...wasn't any animal fairy tale; this experience took place in Plover, Wisconsin's Petco and our purpose for being in there was to adopt a baby bearded dragon. We went to the reptilian section which was located directly in the center of the store with the fish. When we got over there we were immediately greeted by their not so bright newbie employee who was going to assist us with getting out our dragon; when he got the dragon out for us he put it in one of those old fashion back in the day KFC chicken boxes with no padding so he wasn't getting hurt when the car was moving to go back home (I was irritated with their heartless handling and care of this animal) on top of that lovely experience the kid didn't know about the lights they need for heating. When he went and got his manager he was arguing with me about all the lights this 5-6 inch dragon would need when in reality some of the lights he mentioned wouldn't be needed until the dragon was a juvenile
.
The manager then proceeded to pressure me into buying a 40 gallon tank for a tiny lizard because they're having a $1 per gallon sale. I was intrigued but not wanting that now since he's still tiny he would be fine in my 10 gallon tank since I noticed the beardies were all shoved into a show tank smaller than a 10 gallon. When I told him no he said okay how about a 20 gallon he's gonna need a big tank because in 8-10 months he'll be about a foot in a half; I said no again he kept persisting which I then ignored him grabbed the UV and Red light for the dragon (he prefers the red light than his UV one honestly; he hides when I turn the brightest one on.) I went to the checkout and he brought me a log and a water dish I told him "I told you I have a log and a water dish from my previous animal that lived in there so I don't need that" he despite me saying no AGAIN put it at the register told the lady to ring it up because trust me she'll thank me later. How freaking rude can you get this kid didn't even look like he owned a dog let alone a bearded dragon he looked like he never showers and was always rolling his eyes as if I was stupid when I was talking.

I wanted to pick out food and knew which ones were best for a baby well he gave me crickets and mealworms which is okay but professionals told me that Mealworms have hard outer bodies which can be difficult for a baby to digest and crickets can eat the beardie if too many are put in so I told them I would like Horn Worms they said "I'm not ready to give those to a baby" well I knew that was a lie and took the crickets and mealworms which the baby hasn't eaten yet by the way and he's been in my home for 2 days.

Point is I'll likely never buy animals from here ever again or come here unless he's replaced as management. It was a horrible experience and I was very irritated and upset about how rude they were to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment