Friday, April 15, 2016

Recipe #1 Chewy Sugar Cookies

I found a few recipe and altered them to be healthier and oddly tastier.

Ingredients:
2 sticks of butter softened (or margarine)
1.5 cups granulated sugar
1 egg
2 1/4 cup all purpose flour (I used wheat)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
1 teaspoon of vanilla (I used maple syrup pure because I wanted maple sugar cookies)
1/2 cup of granulated sugar for rolling cookies.

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350ยบ F. Line cookie sheets with vegetable oil to prevent sticking. I preheat the oven after I'm done mixing ingredients so it doesn't get too hot in my house.

Cream together butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and mix until well-combined.

Stir in flour, baking powder, salt, and vanilla.

Scoop cookie dough by the tablespoon full and roll into a ball.

Add granulated sugar to a bowl for rolling cookie dough in before baking. Place each ball of cookie dough into the bowl of granulated sugar and roll to coat well. Place cookie dough onto baking sheet, spacing about 1½-inches to 2 inches apart. Lightly press each cookie down. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.

I like to spice mine up by rolling some in cinnamon sugar for snicker-doodle cookies or even putting a Hersey kiss in the center for my chocolate cravings. Remember a sugar cookie can become an any cookie when you play around in the kitchen~

No comments:

Post a Comment